Home of Herman J. Burks & Velma R. Burks
On March 13, 1922, Dean Development Company sold this parcel to Fort Myers developer Henry C. Case by for $1,350, subject to a restriction that any house built there cost at least $3,500. However, this lot remained vacant until 1955, when it was sold to Herman J. Burks and Velma R. Burks. The house still remains in the family. It was transferred in 1980 to the Burks’ son, Rex Dene Burks and is still owned by his widow, Ruth M. Burks, today.
Dean’s Subdivision, Block D, Lot 14.