Dean Park will celebrate its 100th Anniversary in 2020 with a series of events that celebrate the fateful day — May 1, 1920 — when John Morgan Dean recorded the plat for “Dean’s Subdivision” with the Lee County Clerk. 100th Anniversary events will include a springtime House Tour featuring many of the historic homes in Dean Park and a Holiday Walking Tour ending up with a celebratory cup of hot chocolate at one of the historic homes. Stay tuned for for our anniversary plans!!!!
The six homes featured on the House Tour will be:
- “Shangri-La,” the home of Frank H. Tichenor & Laura B. Tichenor (1922) at 1525 Palm Avenue
- The home of Judge George W. Whitehurst & Myra F. Whitehurst (1921) at 2740 Providence Street
- The home of Charles L. Greer & Leo Virginia Greer (1924) at 2759 Michigan Avenue
- The home of Virgil C. Robb & Ellen S. Robb (1920) at 2721 Rhode Island Avenue
- The cottage of Annie D. Allred (circa 1930) at 2770 Rhode Island
- The home of Dr. Gordon F. Henry & Esther C. Henry (1919) at 2706 First Street
Tickets are $20 in advance. Tickets will also be sold at the “Triangle,” the small park at the intersection of Providence and Rhode Island, for $25 on the day of the tour.
Check in at the “Triangle” on the day of the tour to receive your tour booklet, which also serves as your ticket to the homes. Visitors will also be treated to refreshments under the banyan tree at 2721 Rhode Island Avenue and iced tea on the back patio at 2740 Providence Street.