Present: Board members: President Donna Ellswick, Treasurer Ann Martindale, HPC Representative Brad McGrath, Terry Leary, Jordan Parrot, John John Podczerwinsky and Michael Wheatley. Dean Park residents: Robert & Judith Andrews, Will Burke, Sarah Goldstein, Mark Marietta, Ken Nimmer, Sheila Pastor, Stephen Rothman, Maureen Sheehan, Lynette & Timothy Schwab. Special guest: Michael J. Titmuss, Chief Code Enforcement Manager of the City of Fort Myers.
1. Call to Order. President Donna Ellswick called the meeting to order at 7:05 pm and welcomed our special guest, Michael J. Titmuss, Chief Code Enforcement Manager of the City of Fort Myers.
2. Presentation of Michael J. Titmuss. Mr. Titmuss made a comprehensive presentation about the zoning, parking, historic preservation and other City ordinances and regulations applicable to Dean Park. His presentation is summarized in the attached draft report, which will be distributed to Dean Park residents and owners and posted on our website, www.deanpark.org.
3. Approval of Minutes. The minutes of the Annual meeting held December 10, 2016, were unanimously approved.
4. Treasurer’s Report. Ann Martindale reported that $1,695.00 in donations has been received to date in this fiscal year (September 1, 2016 – August 31, 2017) from 27 donors. Expenses to date during this fiscal year are $280.97. The Dean Park checking account balance today is $6,551.67. The Treasurer’s report was unanimously approved.
5. Old Business
a. Historic Preservation Commission. The Board’s HPC Representative Brad McGrath reported that a lack of funding appears to have delayed completion of updated district guidelines, a project for which the HPC had hired an outside architectural firm. Brad also mentioned two other items to be discussed at the HPC meeting scheduled for January 26th: (1) the new density plan being proposed by the Fort Myers Community Development Agency under which developers could “purchase” increased height and density for their projects by contributing 1 percent of anticipated construction cost to special fund and (2) an amendment to the HPC’s previous approval of a new two-story house at 1565 Cranford Avenue to comply with FEMA regulations.
b. Report of Sign Committee. Committee chair John Podczerwinsky reported that the committee met recently, but has additional work to do before making its recommendation to the Board.
c. Report of House Tour/American Bungalow Committee. Committee chair Terry Leary had to leave the meeting early. Committee members stated that the Committee had not yet met.
d. Discussion of Possible Stewardship Committee. Tabled.
e. Dean Park Web Site. Ann Martindale reported she has updated the website to include recent meeting minutes and other information. She reported that her goal is to photograph each house in Dean Park, to do the title work necessary to identify the owner of the first home to be located on the property, and to prepare an informational blurb on each home. She mentioned a recent suggestion from Sarah Goldstein for an “interactive map” to access info on each home and said she would pursue this possibility.
f. City of Fort Myers requests: Donna Ellswick reported that public works requests can be submitted to the City on-line at this link: http://www.cityftmyers.com/761/Support-Center
6. New Business
a. Bar-B-Q & Blues event. This annual event will be held on the last Saturday in April. The committee for the event will include Anthony D’Andrea.
b. The next meeting will be in early March on a date to be determined by Donna Ellswick.
7. Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at approximately 9:15 pm.