Minutes of April 8, 2021 – via Zoom
Board of Directors: Caitlin Eck, Donna Ellswick, Artis Henderson, Rick Janis, Terry Leary, Ann Martindale, Brad McGrath, Michelle Nugent and Sheila Pastor
Present: Cathryn Eck, Sara Goldstein, Donna Ellswick, Artis Henderson, Sara Keilty, Tanner Keilty, Terry Leary, Ann Martindale, Michelle Nugent, Sheila Pastor
- Call to Order by the President – Michelle
- Approval of Minutes of March 10, 2021: Approved.
- President’s Report: No report, as Michelle has been handling various family emergencies and a graduation.
- Treasurer’s Report – Ann: (a) Expenses for FY 2020-2021: $4,909.51, (b) Income for FY 2020-2021: $3,225 (donations from 32 donors, including 5 repeat donors), (c) Checking account balance: $1,889.65, (d) Savings account balance: $4,909.51, (e) PayPal account balance: $300.70, (f) Total funds: $6,199.53
- Report of Historic Preservation Commission Representative: No report, Brad was not present
- Report of Beautification Committee – Paul Barnett: (a) Triangle replanting – completed. (b) Additional palm trees – Paul spoke to Jose with the city about planting additional palm trees; Dean Park will pay for the trees and the city will pay for the planting; the committee is hoping for about 75 trees; it’s a three-to-five-year plan; the city said planning will start before September; we’re waiting to see what they come back with for their proposal. (c) Alley project – The committee is talking about creating a butterfly alley and discussing what plants to plant; Ann suggested printing a booklet of plants so that the neighborhood can be encouraged to plant butterfly-friendly plants. (d) New Park on 1.8-acre parcel at Michigan & Seaboard – The parcel will stay as-is until the city is finished with the two-way street project on Second Avenue, then the city is supposed to plant trees and turn the parcel into a park; right now, it remains in limbo. (e) Other projects & issues – None
- Old Business: (a) Neighborhood Lawn Party – Saturday May 1st at Artis’s house, 2770 Rhode Island Ave; 5 to 8 p.m.; Dean Park will provide fried chicken and potato salad from Publix, and people can bring dishes to share; Dean Park will also provide sodas and water. (b) Construction project on First and Second Streets – No updates
- New Business: (a) House tour – early 2022 – Sheila received responses from six people on the original home tour list who said March 2022 works for them; she suggested March 19, 2022 as a possible date. (b) Volunteer to maintain walking tour brochure box from May to October – Michelle said she will maintain the box over the summer
- Set Next Meeting Date – May 12, 2021, 7:00 p.m.